Last updated 22 October, 2021
We are pleased to advise that from Monday 25 October we will be welcoming back visitors to our hospital. As patient, staff and VMO safety remains our highest priority, these visitors at this time will be limited to one visitor per patient per day and must:
- be 12 years of age or older;
- be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (has had two doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine);
- show evidence of their vaccination status to staff before entry;
- wear a surgical mask upon entry and for the entire time of their visit;
- scan and register with the Service NSW QR code on display before entry; and
- check in at the Nurses Station at the ward they are visiting.
Please note visiting hours will also be limited. Contact the hospital prior to arriving to confirm visiting hours.
Visitors who have a valid medical exemption or are not fully vaccinated must contact the hospital for approval prior to visiting.
Where patients are at higher risk or are receiving higher levels of care, there may be additional restrictions and precautions:
- Expectant mothers can have one fully vaccinated support person. A negative COVID test 72 hours prior to admission may be requested for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated partners and participants (this will be based on a risk assessment).
- End-of-life visitors will be limited to the extent necessary to minimise risk and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Patients attending consulting suites and third party providers (i.e. imaging) who have a valid medical exemption or are not fully vaccinated must contact their service providers for approval prior to visiting.
We will be refusing entry to any visitors who:
- have any clinical symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever or history of fever (night sweats, chills), loss of taste or smell, fatigue, headache, runny nose, acute blocked nose (congestion), muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite)
We thank you for your cooperation and patience at this time. Please call the hospital ahead of your visit if you have any further questions.
If you have visited an exposure venue, please contact the hospital for further advice. If you are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms, please contact the hospital.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
There are a variety of accommodation options available in close proximity to the Hospital and our reception staff will be happy to assist you in any way possible.
There are three recommendations based on proximity to the hospital and other services:
Best Western Blackbutt Inn
80 Orchardtown Road
Ph: 02 4957 3453
12 Steel Street
Ph: 02 4926 3777
Executive Inn at West Leagues Club
10 Rugby Road
Ph: 02 4935 1100
For your convenience there is a Hudson's coffee located in the Kingston Building. You will also have access to a retail pharmacy.
There are a variety of parking options available for visitors to Newcastle Private Hospital.
There is limited undercover parking in the Kingston Building, dedicated oncology parking, drop off parking, 10 minute parking as well as outdoor parking at the back of Croudace Building.
The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport at Williamtown.