As soon as you have had your pregnancy confirmed by a GP, get a referral to one of our Obstetricians.
Please note your obstetrician does not book in for you.
You will need the following information:
- name of Obstetrician
- reason for admission (pregnancy)
- health fund membership and policy details
- GP’s details
- emergency contact details
- medications information
You will receive an email with your booking confirmation.
If you have any questions about booking, please telephone 02 4941 9266 and we will do our best to help.
View our obstetricians HERE.
Need to know health fund information
Health insurance is an important part of budgeting for the birth of your baby. To minimise out of pocket expenses, Newcastle Private Hospital has negotiated agreements with all major health funds. While that’s a great start for you, it’s really important to consider other factors.
For instance, most health funds do not automatically cover neonatal care, unless family cover has been in place for three months. So, if you only have singles health insurance, consider a transfer to family cover at least three months before your expected date of delivery.
If you stay on singles cover and your baby is unwell and requires admission to our Special Care Nursery, you’ll need to settle the baby’s account on discharge from the hospital. If you’re expecting a multiple birth, singles health insurance will only cover one baby during your hospital stay. Family health insurance is highly advisable.
It’s best to contact your health fund as soon as possible so there are no financial surprises.
If you’re not insured and would like to have your baby at Newcastle Private Hospital, please contact us on 02 4941 9266 to discuss fees.
We believe in transparency, so whatever your cover, an estimate of costs and any out of pocket excess or co-payments associated with your hospital stay will be sent to you following your pre-admission consultation.
Booking your stay at Newcastle Private Hospital has never been easier
At Healthscope, we want to provide you with the highest quality care and make your stay with us as stress-free as possible.
Booking your admission online is now faster and easier than ever before. Our eAdmissions portal enables you to book into any of our hospitals
online anytime, anywhere on any device.
To start your eAdmission click the patient login button below, or head to healthscope.eadmissions.com.au.
If you are using eAdmissions for the first time:
- Select ‘Create User’
- Enter your details and create a password
- Then click Validate. We will text your phone with a validation code, enter that into the box on the screen and select ‘Validate’
- Enter the personal details of the patient to create a patient profile
- Select the patient you are completing the admission forms for then select ‘New Admission’ and follow the prompts.
If you are a returning patient:
- Log in using your email address and password
- Select the patient you are completing the admission forms (if you are completing the forms for another family member for the first time, select ‘Add New Patient’ and complete their personal details)
- Select ‘New Admission’ and follow the prompts.